Guide to Setup Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Manually
Complete Guide on Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Setup and Installation – Wireless Connection This Guide here provides the procedural steps for Canon Pixma MX490 wireless printer setup on Windows and Mac.
1. Steps to perform before establishing Canon Pixma MX 490 printer setup
- Ensure that the printer is turned on which can be identified by the lit power lamp(A).
- Press the setup button (B) of your Canon Pixma MX490 printer.
- Thereafter, select the “Wireless LAN “setup by clicking on the side arrow options then hit “OK”.
- Here at this step, the printer will itself start searching for the compatible wireless routers.
2. Performing the Push Button method/Connecting via WPS
- Begin by pressing and holding WPS button on the wireless router.
- Next within two minutes press “OK” button on the printer.
- Hit “OK” button once “Setup menu “and “Fax settings” options appear on the screen.
- Lastly press the “Copy” button.
- Now the Wireless Network Setup Process is complete for Canon Pixma MX490 Printer
2. Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless printer setup for Windows
- Make sure that the Printer, Router and Windows PC are turn on.
- Connect your Canon Pixma MX490 printer via the wireless router as already mentioned above.
- Now, download the printer driver on your Windows computer by visiting the Canon website http //ij.start.canon mx490.
- From the given list, select your printer model and hit on the “Download” option.
- Once the downloading process finishes, hit the driver package option to open the setup. Then finish the setup process by carefully following the onscreen instructions.
- Press now the ‘Start” button on Windows in your Windows PC, to explore the Control Panel.
- Thereafter, select “Devices and Printers” from the window that comes on next screen.
- Now, click on the “Add printer” option from the upper left corner, from where the user will be able to see a list of the installed printers. Select your printer and wait for a few moment.
- Finally, now your Canon printer will be displayed with a Green check mark and will be ready for use.
Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless printer setup for MAC
Here’s how you can setup your wireless Canon Pixma MX490 Printer for Mac:
- First of all, ensure that both printer and system are connected to the same network after switching on the printer and the WI-Fi router.
- Taking the help of the first section of the write up, connect your printer to the WiFi network.
- Now, install the latest version of the printer driver by visiting the Canon website (http //ij.start.canon mx490). Follow the on screen guidelines and complete the process to Download driver.
- Further, from the Apple menu select “System Preferences”.
- Thereafter Press on the “Printers and Scanners” from the new window.
- Now from the next window, hit on the + icon to add your printer.
- Select your printer from the drop-down list.
- Congratulations your Canon Pixma 490 printer will be connected to the Mac system.
Why my Canon MX490 won’t connect to WiFi?
There are several reasons due to which the issue of “why Canon MX490 won’t connect to WiFi” occurs. Firstly check out a couple of things to resolve this issue:
- Make sure that the printer is switched on.
- Ensure that your printer and the device you are printing from are connected over the same wireless network.
Why is my Canon MX490 Printer not responding?
The most common reason for ‘Why is Canon MX490 printer not responding’ is due to the connectivity issue between the printer and the PC.
Therefore, ensure that the printers wireless setup is done appropriately and that you have installed the correct printer driver. Once the driver installation is done, take a test print.
However, if the problem persists again, install the printer drive once again to resolve the Canon MX490 Printer not responding issue.
Steps to connect Canon MX490 Printer to WiFi?
Just follow the steps mentioned below to connect Canon MX490 Printer to WiFi –
- Firstly, turn on the printer and ensure that the power lamp is lit.
- Then, press the setup button on the printer
- Select WLAN setup using available arrow keys on the printer and press OK.
- At this stage the printer detects your wireless router. Now enter the network key in the required field, and connect the printer to WiFi.
How to fix the Canon MX490 paper jam issue?
Follow these brief steps to fix paper jam issue in Canon pixma mx490 printer
- Make sure that the printer is switched ON and then retract the paper output tray and open the cover.
- If you see that the jammed paper is under the FINE cartridge, hold it firmly using both the hands.
- Now, pull out the paper slowly & close the cover.
How to Fix Canon MX490 Offline Status?
- Go to the Control Panel> Click on the Device and Printer> Right-click the icon for your printer > See what’s printing > Printer > Use Printer Offline (removes the check mark).
- If the printer status says paused, right-click the icon for your printer > See what’s printing > Printer > Pause Printing (removes the check mark).